KidsFirst is a home-visiting program designed to support children and families by enhancing parenting knowledge, providing support, and building on family strengths.
What can KidsFirst do for you and your family?
KidsFirst realizes everyone wants to be a good parent and every parent wants to have healthy children. We provide support for families to reach these goals.
How does KidsFirst work?
Our program works with families and their children from pregnancy through to 3 years old. We focus on child development, parent-child relationships, and parenting skills.
The Family Wellness Team provides capacity building including training, consultation, reference materials, and ongoing support to KidsFirst Regina staff, home, and families.
The Home Visitor will share information about: KidsFirst will also support you to:
• Child growth and development. • Deal with difficult issues.
• Housing and food security. • Set family goals.
• New ways to play with your child. • Plan for your family’s future.
• Problem-solving and coping skills • Meet and get to know other parents.
• Specialized services of interest to you.
• Positive parent-child relationships.
• Child care and early learning opportunities for your children.
“I am very grateful for this program. When I had my older children I never had a program like this and it has made a big difference.”
KidsFirst families are encouraged to enroll their children in the ELC’s Preschool Program. For more information visit KidsFirst Regina.
Enrollment capacity is 90 to 100 families.
“The home visitor taught me new parenting strategies, they have been a great emotional support. I’m being a better mom now, they’ve helped me to be more understanding of the stages my baby goes through, and to be more confident with myself.”